Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Ugghhh--why do you want my phone number?

This afternoon we had a lab full of eager, willing teachers ready to set up their blogs for the first Digital Literacy Challenge. Then we hit a roadblock. Why does blogger want to verify each of our identities by personally calling or texting us? This came out of nowhere, as many of us with multiple blogs haven't been required to complete this invasive step. And it is just the kind of thing that stops folks who really don't want to be setting up a blog in the first place and makes the task seem huge. Ugghhhh. This is all about showing the staff how technology can help them--not make them confused and frustrated.

Our group is great, though. They didn't throw stones, rotten tomatoes or even wise remarks. They said they would do it and be back on Friday to try again. I love them. I really do. Awesome co-workers really can make or break your day. They make mine every single day of the week.

So blogger-I'm really disappointed in the way you behaved today. I've been your friend for a long time and you let me down when I needed you. Let's hope Friday works out for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment