Friday, November 12, 2010

Finishing strong

When we first came up with the idea of an online component for the years' professional development we honestly had no idea if anyone would do it. It is time consuming and sometimes frustrating, and it would be purely voluntary. I thought if 4 or 5 people from my school participated I would consider it successful. Well....
On Tuesday we had eight blogs submitted. I was psyched--this was double the amount I had anticipated. But when Debbie and I heard that the other schools had nearly double that amount our competitive juices started flowing. On Wednesday teachers rallied between parent conferences to visit the learning commons and set up their blogs. There was cheering and high-fiving as each new blog was launched. By the end of the day on Friday we had 18 blogs submitted! There was a spirit of comradery in the air and a nice feeling of teamwork. It was fun, and I am so proud of everyone who took the time to complete the first DLC.

No comments:

Post a Comment