Monday, March 7, 2011

March 2 Job-alike

Debbie and I had the chance to create a workshop on iMovie for the third job-alike of the year. We had hoped to offer this as a hands-on workshop, since we believe that is the best way for learners to experience technology. Since that wasn't an option, I was a bit nervous on how the session would run.
No worries. The group was wonderful! They really stuck with it. Great questions and an openness to giving this great app a try. Once the learning curve is accounted for, iMovie is so easy to use that is really takes no time to compile a clip. I've used it several times this week, preparing for Books in Action.
The dilemma I have is that I have version 8 at home, 9 at school and would love to get my hands on 11, the new version! The rapidness in which new versions are released is daunting. I feel this way about technology in general. The speed in which obsolescence occurs is blinding! Could we please just have 6 months in which nothing new is issued, nothing revised? I need to catch up.

1 comment:

  1. Marcia,

    I enjoyed your March 2nd Job-Alike on iMovie. You and Debbie did an outstanding job preparing and giving us information with examples. I am very impressed with iMovie, and I feel I can create my own iMovies with students. Thanks for the information and breaking down the content with your lasagne metaphor/similie.

    Steve K, EES

    ReplyDelete