Monday, February 14, 2011

My love letter to Goodreads

Today is Valentine's Day. Not my favorite day of the year, since it feels so contrived, and if you are single, the media makes you out to be a loser. HA! to that I say. But I am a hopeless romantic when it comes to homemade cards. Especially when they are from children. That lifts my heart.

My true love today is Goodreads. I can't spend enough time with G. When I read, G is anxious to hear what I thought of the book. It makes perfect recommendations of other books I'll like. It shares what my friends are reading--which is my lifeline to great books. Goodreads never belittles me for reading a trashy novel once in a while, or for abandoning a book midstream if I hate it. G gently nudges me along when I'm stalled on a book, asking what page I'm on and if I'd like to update my status. It's also helping me reach my reading goal for the year, by tracking my progress. It's supportive and understanding. It's there when I need it. It's cute and fun. I've introduced it to my friends. It makes me feel good about myself. It is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment