Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Job-alikes


I'm feeling energized after today's job-alike workshops. I was fortunate to work with Rob Lord on the Photobooth/iPhoto session. I had the fun job--to introduce Photobooth, provide some ideas on using it in the classroom and then letting teachers loose to try it out. Like a photobooth at a carnival, we were amused by the effects and different backgrounds available.
Rob followed with a wonderful introduction to iPhoto. He had a nicely detailed step-by-step handout that will be a valuable resource. Although I've used iPhoto for several years, Rob had many new tricks up his sleeve. I learned that I can create multiple libraries in iPhoto, and how to view my photos in a full screen sequence. One of the nicest things about the presentation was being able to see Rob's photographs. He is a talented photographer and shared many interesting shots. It's nice to get to know him and he is a great addition to the technology team. I also am really enjoying getting to know the teachers from the other buildings and working with them. Such nice folks and talented teachers. The feedback was positive, and I'm looking forward to the next session.

No comments:

Post a Comment