Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Using Video in the LC

I haven't had much luck with Watchknow finding subjects related to information literacy. I'm sure there is a lot there for teachers of other subjects, but what I looked at seemed a bit dated and lack-luster. I find the interface cumbersome. I want new and shiny. Off to YouTube for me! There is so much available (for free!) that it is just hard to believe. I use it to find book trailers, author interviews, and info lit topics. Tons of curriculum content as well.
I'm a fan of TED--amazing and inspiring videos for personal growth and professional development.

I've found a short video to be a great way to kick off class. Sometimes after reading a story, I'll share an author interview with students. I think video is really an integral tool in the toolkit.


No comments:

Post a Comment